Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

In celebration of Valentine's Day I whipped up a batch of my Grandmother's sugar cookies (a double batch!) There's something about my Grandma's recipe. The cookie, even once cooked, remains soft and buttery. I'm not a fan of crunchy sugar cookies so I guess I have a permenant craving for this recipe in particular. Not to mention all the fun shapes and colors that you can make throughout the year! Nolan helped sprinkle some of the cookies while Luke helped eat the others! He'd take a bite of one cookie, put it back and then start in on another cookie (pre-iced of course!)

All 3 boys waiting for the cookie eating to begin!
Luke showed off his cookie but didn't eat it. He doesn't like sticky hands! He also passed up a sopapilla this afternoon because he didn't like the sugary coating. If only I could apply his technique to my diet I could lose those last 10 baby pounds!

Nolan posing with his cookie!

Dane thought it was the "cookie" olympics as he tore into his cookie! By the look of his face you'd never know that we are having a difficult time transitioning him to table food. He seems to have a "texture" issue and he too doesn't like to pick up food (he likes it to be served to him on a baby fork!) I guess drool and icing have the same texture as some of his baby fruits!



































No comments:

Post a Comment